Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Holy cats, what a weekend

So I have no idea what happened on Saturday. My brain can't reach that far back.

But Sunday was ridiculously indulgent.

I'm supposed to be living this grain/processed sugar free diet, which for the most part, I am. But something happened on Sunday that broke me down. And that something was:


You bet. I gave in. I had double doubles, 2 bagels, and a large turkey bacon sandwich. And let me tell you that the turkey in the turkey bacon sandwich was NOT actual turkey.

Part of the problem was, when I went into Winnipeg, I left early because the stores advertised that they were open at 9:30. But when I got there, pretty much everything was closed until 11. So I had all this time on my hands. And I REALLY like their coffee. And it just so happened that the Tims I was at had blueberry bagels, which are my FAVORITE. After that I went to Costco and walked around the warehouse, looked around and stretched my legs.

Finally, when everything opened, I went to Ricki's first. They were on the last day of their sale, and I had 3 gift cards to use. After picking out half the things in the store, I spotted the awesomest clutch ever. It was made of silver, almost chain-mail-esque material and I felt like it would be a perfect bridesmaid gift. And it was ON SALE!

The problem was, however, that there were only 2. And I needed 5. So the extremely nice salesgirl made a round of calls to the other Ricki's stores in the city. Surely some would have them too, right?

Well, only one other store, in the St Vital mall had 2. In the entire city, with like 6 Ricki's in it, there were only 4 of these purses. Gaahhhh.

Well, I thought to myself, no worries. I'll pick up the 2, so I have 4, and then just think of something different for my maid of honour, who happens to be my little sister.

And then the salesgirl comes to the dressing room (because I'm trying on half the store while this is happening) and says, "Do you want me to try our store in Brandon?'

What a sweetheart. 'SURE', said I. 'WHY NOT'.

Fuck, but Brandon is at least 2 hours away from Winnipeg! I and just drove and hour and a half to get to Winnipeg! And sure enough, Brandon has some. So one got put on hold for me.

So once I bought all my new clothes (and the 2 clutches) I hightailed it to St Vital and picked up the other 2 purses.

Then I got in my car and, with a pit stop at Tim hortons for a bathroom break, coffee and another bagel, I was on my way to Brandon.

Once in Brandon, I went straight to the mall and picked up the clutch. Relief flooded me. I felt complete and stable once more. Not really. I felt like a foolish wreck. Not only had I just spent like 5 hours in the car, I had eaten nothing but coffee and processed wheat. And for what? 5 clutches, that's what.

So, with another stop at Tim Hortons (there is literally one on every block, EVERYWHERE!), where I grabbed a bottle of water, a double double and a large sandwich, I drove home.

AND THEN. When I finally made it back to the village where I live (from now on to be known as TVWIL) I decided to stop by the curling rink just in case Big C was still there. Sure enough, he was. He was also drunker than a skunk (Bonspiels do that to him). So I hung around and talked with him and 2 other men for a couple of hours, just basically hanging back, having a few drinks and shooting the shit. It was nice, but I was exhausted and just wanted to put my long johns on and lay down.

When we finally got home. I couldn't sleep.

Bah.

So the moral of my story? Give your bridesmaids a pair of earring. It's less stress that way. And AVOID TIM HORTONS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment