Friday, June 6, 2014

Here's the thing...

I read a lot of blogs. Like, a LOT of blogs. I've got a good 20 on my roster and I try and read each article the day it's posted. And sometimes a blog will lead me to another blog and I spend a day or two catching up on the last 6 months of their stuff, and so on and so forth. I love to read, I'm fairly quick at it, so it's something that doesn't take up a lot of my time and I enjoy it. But there is one thing that annoys me.

Out of all these beautiful blogs, there is only one that is even remotely close to where I am geographically. All these other blogs are based in California or Texas or Alabama or New York. Big places that are totally different from what I experience everyday. I don't have a guide for experiencing my area. And I feel like this is something that people need to be aware of. Manitoba is considered back-country, basically boring. We're not cosmopolitan like Toronto, Ontario or terrifyingly unique like Vancouver, B.C...But it's not! I mean, it can be, but boring is a state of mind, rather than a social death sentence.

Being on Mat Leave until next February means I have quite a bit of time to spend with Little C. I'd like to show myself and the world that there are fun things to do and pretty things to look at here in Manitoba. This will most likely be a slow and arduous journey for those who are way more technologically advanced than me, but be patient, because I'm going to learn the ropes!

I think this will help create momentum for myself to become the person I want to be, so I'm thinking this will be an educational journey as well as a personal one!

No comments:

Post a Comment